English Premier League: Chelsea versus Bolton - minute by minute update (Part 4)

by  |  earlier

0 LIKES UnLike

English Premier League: versus Bolton - minute by minute update (Part 4)
In the 32nd minute, Chelsea were awarded their first corner of the match, but the set piece, which was taken by Malouda was easily headed away by as Bolton Wanderers broke on the counter attack. The Wanderers
played it out wide to Ricketts, who went past Ashley Cole and passed it to Rodrigo. The winger then tried to cross the ball to intercepted to head the ball away in emphatic fashion.
In the 35th minute of the match, Chelsea lost possession yet again after recovered from a minor knock that he had conceded in an aerial challenge against Knight in Bolton’s penalty area. The striker went
onto participate in the match after recovering from the knock as Chelsea tried to break down the Bolton defence with an extended period of possession inside the Bolton half of the field.
In the 37th minute of the match, Chelsea almost found a way through as Malouda tried to play in down the left hand side of the Blues’ attack. However, the ball was intercepted by Mathew Taylor who surged
up field and attempted to find Davies with his cross, but the pass was mishit as the ball went out of play for a Chelsea goal kick.
In the 38th minute of the match, Chelsea’s winger Malouda was called up for a foul on Robinson near the touchline. The winger got a little bit of the ball, but a lot of the man, as he was warned by the referee for the
dangerous tackle. In the 40th minute, Chelsea went onto maintain their  superiority in the match in terms of possession, but they found it hard to break down the Bolton defence as Rodrigo blocked Malouda’s cross as the ball went out of play for
a Chelsea corner kick.
In the 41st minute, dropped deep to cater for the lack of creativity inside the Chelsea midfield. The change almost worked wonders as he played in Malouda whose cross almost found Drogba, but Knight was
on hand to clear the ball away for his team as the score line remained at 0-0. In the 43rd
minute, Mathew Taylor was booked by the referee for a bad foul on near the touchline for Bolton. It was the first yellow card of the match for the visitors at the Stamford Bridge.
The referee thus blew the half time whistle eventually as the match came to a half with the score line at nil all. Chelsea headed down the tunnel with a chorus of boos by their home crowd as it was a largely lethargic display,
by the men in blue, at their home stadium against Bolton Wanderers.



Question Stats

Latest activity: earlier.
This question has 0 answers.


Share your knowledge and help people by answering questions.