Manchester City versus Wigan Athletic – English Premier League: Second half report (Part 2)

by  |  earlier

0 LIKES UnLike

In the 65th minute of the match, Manchester City moved in for the kill once more as the ball fell to
as the home support appealed for a hand ball by the Wigan midfielder. The replays clearly showed that McCarthy had headed the ball away rather than handling it with his arms.
Manchester City introduced on the left hand
side of the Latics’ defense.
In the 71st minute of the match, Wigan embarked on a good spell of possession but the ball was given away by Figueroa as Vieira led Manchester City on a counter attack. The Frenchman fired the ball wide to Kolarov who tried to find Carlos Tevez
inside the Wigan penalty area but his cross was intercepted as Wigan Athletic regained control of the ball.
In the 76th minute of the match, Gary Caldwell’s marvelous block denied Manchester City their second goal of the match as the Scotsman launched himself at David Silva’s shot from the left hand side of Wigan’s penalty area. It was a well hit effort
by the Spanish midfielder but Caldwell timed his block perfectly to keep his team in the match.
The 80th minute of the match saw Manchester City regaining control of the ball, thanks to a wayward touch by James McCarthy, as Yaya Toure marched up field for the Blues. However, the Ivorian midfielder was tackled by and the ball went
out of play for a corner kick.
The ensuing set piece was taken by Kolarov. The full back played a short pass to Silva whose whipped in cross inside the Wigan penalty area was easily gathered in by Al Habsi.
Wigan threatened to equalize through N’Zogbia in the 82nd minute but his shot from outside the Manchester City penalty area went well wide off the mark.
In the 84th minute of the match, both teams made their second change of the match as came in for Manchester City. On the other hand, Connor Sammon replaced Mohammad Diame for Wigan Athletic.
City soon made their third substitution of the night as well as Carlos Tevez made way for Edin Dzeko in the 86th minute. Finally the match came to a halt with a win for Manchester City as the final score rested at 1-0 to the home side, Manchester



Question Stats

Latest activity: earlier.
This question has 0 answers.


Share your knowledge and help people by answering questions.