Dutch Eredivisie: Feyenoord Rotterdam 4-1 Heracles Almelo – Report

by  |  earlier

0 LIKES UnLike

A goal each from, Jerson Cabral, Sekou Cisse and Ruben Schaken secured all three points for Ronald Koeman’s side as they keep their hopes of a second spot finish alive.
On Eredivisie match-day 33, at De Kuip Stadion on Wednesday, May 2.
The fallen Eredivisie giants started the match brightly in front of their home crowd. Jerson
In the 11th minute, the Rotterdammers broke the deadlock through Otman Bakkal. hit a low shot that came back off the left post, but Bakkal pounced on the rebound to slot home.
Moments later, made a decent run from the half-line to the Heraclieden box after winning the ball. However, his shot was easily saved by Pasveer, much to the dismay of Feyenoord head coach, Ronald Koeman.
Cabral found some space just outside the Heraclieden penalty area in the 24th minute, but his shot lacked real power and the visiting side’s goalkeeper was not really tested.
Four minutes later, Sekou Cisse’s volleyed effort was easily saved by Pasveer, as the Almelo outfit continued to live dangerously.
The Heraclieden had their first real attempt of the match minutes before the half-time break when the Rotterdammers goalkeeper,, parried away Ninos Gouriye’s right footed effort.
Feyenoord resumed proceedings in the second-half in the same manner and managed to double their lead in the 53rd minute. played a neat through ball to Cabral, who raced towards the penalty area before unleashing a powerful left-footed
shot that found the bottom right corner of the net. threatened the home side’s defence for a brief moment when he struck the crossbar, but the Rotterdammers responded aggressively to score their third of the evening. A Cabral corner was perfectly headed by Cisse to make the score-line 3-0.
A minute later, the Rotterdam giants scored yet another, turning the match into a one-sided affair. Cabral played a neat pass at the right side of the area to Schaken, who powered his shot into the left corner of the net.
The Heraclieden pulled a goal back in the 72nd minute through Willy Overtoom, but it was too late to change the outcome of the match.
Both sides failed to create anything of note before the full time whistle and the match ended in a comfortable 4-1 win for Feyenoord.



Question Stats

Latest activity: earlier.
This question has 0 answers.


Share your knowledge and help people by answering questions.